Sportsbet Bookmaker Review
Sportsbet - Largest Bookmaker for Sports Betting in Australia
Sportsbet makes the claim of being the largest bookmaker in Australia, adding the modifying phrase of “corporate bookmaker,” so it is conceivable that there is a larger bookmaker that does not happen to be a corporate entity. Join Sportsbet Today And Claim Your Bonus $600 Bet
The company began in 1993 as a small bookmaker located in Darwin. As the nation’s first licensed bookmaking company, it led the way for the huge growth spurt in Australia’s betting industry.
Sportsbet (sportsbet.com.au) underwent a substantial expansion in 2005 as the shift from actual bookies to phone and online wagering was gaining momentum. The expansion added 242 new employees to the eight existing ones, pumping up the local economy as it grew.
Changes in its advertising strategy helped its growth. Signing a deal with Seven and Ten, as well as the 2008 ruling by the High Court to expand the range of its advertising beyond the Northern Territory, gave it an expanded customer base.
Its heavy media presence and its frequent promotions have pushed it to its position as a leading force in the Australian betting market.
Owner Paddy Power, an Irish bookmaker, began his involvement with Sportsbet in 2009, purchasing a majority position at first and buying the balance of the company in 2011. During this time, it acquired its competitor, Mark Read’s International All Sports Ltd.
It survived a few legal bumps in the road to become the nation’s largest corporate bookmaker in 2012. Its admission to Parliament that it paid commissions for referrals, as well as losing its case to install betting terminals in Victoria’s clubs and pubs didn’t stop its forward progress to top the country in its size and scope.
In February of 2016, Paddy Power shifted his ownership to his holding company, Paddy Power Betfair.
Diverse Markets Available on Sportsbet
As of this moment, Sportsbet is involved in every competitive market in Australia. Headquartered in Melbourne, it offers approximately 30 different sports markets and a variety of novelties, such as current affairs, financials, music and politics, under the direction of its CEO, Cormac Barry.
Australian sport fans will delight in Sportsbet’s selection. AFL, NRL, and Super Rugby enthusiasts will find as many as 40 markets for every fixture.
International sport fans, too, will love the selection. A wide range of American team sports, the major international football clubs—nearly 100 of them—as well as lesser-known sports, such as cycling, golf, handball, volleyball, and others. Sportsbet offers betting on quite a few even more-obscure sports as well—Gaelic football, hunting, snooker, surfing and more. Check out the Sportsbet menu for your favourites.
Special Offers for Popular Sports
365NBA Multi-Price Boost: Punters can place multi bets of at least four legs on a head-to-head NBA market. If the multi is successful, customers will receive bonuses of up to $200.00 in addition to their regular winnings. The more legs, the more the percentage increases—from 15 percent for four legs all the way up to a 25 percent bonus for a six-leg multi. Sportsbet limits this offer to three claims in a week’s time.
Soccer Multi Insurance: Bettors who place multis of at least four legs on various football (soccer) matches in designated leagues can receive a refund of up to $100.00 if only one leg of the multi loses. Leagues covered are A-League, Bundesliga, La Liga, Ligue Un, and Serie A. Punters are limited to only one claim per game week. Minimum multi odds must be 2.00. Cashed-out multi bets are ineligible.
What about Its Racing Products?
Diversity of markets is all well and good, but as this is a thoroughbred racing site, here are some details on how Sportsbet operates in that market and why it might be a good consideration for an online bookmaking service for racing punters.
Sportsbet Racing Products
In addition to Thoroughbred racing, Sportsbet offers greyhound and harness racing bets.
Sportsbet offers 11 different horse racing products. Among those is a strong representation from Australian tracks. New Zealand, Asian, and American races also feature prominently among their selections. In addition to Daily Doubles and Running Doubles on certain tracks, Country Best, City Best, Top Fluc, Fixed Odds, SP, and Quinellas, they offer a wide variety of other options.
The details are fairly simple, but space limitations do not permit anything beyond a brief synopsis here. Complete details can be found on the Sportsbet website.
- Sportsbet Black Book: Don't miss that eye catcher ever again with BlackBook.
- Tope Tote Plus: Winning wagers are paid out according to the best possible dividend from the three TAB agencies or the best starting price. This guarantees the best tote return. Races covered are major country and metro racing all across Australia every day, all week long.
- Multi Bet Feature: Allows Win, Place and Each-Way bets to be combined.
- Double: Requires the selection of the winner from two Sportsbet nominated events from one meeting.
- Trebles: Punters who select the winning runners of three consecutive nominated races receive the dividend.
- Quadrella: Pick the winner in four races designated by Sportsbet.
- Lucky Loser: Pick any horse to run unplaced from the designated race card.
- First Four: Chance to win big by picking the first four finishers. Two variations exist: Standout and Box First Four.
- Place Card: Pick four horses to place in four races.
- Super 6: Great for longshot lovers. Pick the winner in six consecutive races.
- Exotics: Essentially the standard fare of all online bookmakers.
- Flexibet: Determine a fixed stake on exotics and multi-bets to earn a percentage of the dividends.
- 365Daily Racing Special: These fixed-odds daily specials nominate a race every day. Bettors can find the race using the ‘Money Back Special’ icon on the site’s racing page before they place their bet. A maximum refund of $100.00 applies.
New to Sportsbet: Multi Builder
Sportsbet introduces Multi Builder. An easy way to get your Multi on.
Multis are where you get big profits for a small outlay, plus they reward knowledge, expertise and guts. At Sportsbet, they know you love a multi bet. That is why they designed Multi Builder—so it makes it easier for you to place Multi Bets. Multi Builder is a very simple, easy and fast way to get on solid four-leg EPL multi or a 20 odd-leg cross-sport multi and all other Multis in between. And, the best thing is, all this can be viewed on one screen! Going to and from matches and betting markets is a thing of the past. You can now get it done in one process. Click Here for more information.
Sportsbet Odds: The Details
Sportsbet is very competitive amongst online bookmakers in regard to odds. There are five different options available. Join Sportsbet Today and Claim Your Bonus $600.00 Bet
- City Best Plus: Bets placed with this selection for Win and Each-Way wagers receive the best-declared dividend from the Australian TABs or Starting Price. This is restricted to wagers placed online and for races taking place in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, and Sydney.
- Fixed Odds: Paid according to the odds quoted at the time of the bet. No need to worry about major money coming in at the last and plunging the odds.
- Country Best: Best possible dividend for Win, Place, and Each-Way wagers according to the Victoria and New South Wales TABs.
- Top Fluc: Paid according to the top bookmaker’s odds per specific runner. Only available for the cities named above and subject to certain time restrictions.
- Starting Price: Dividend declared by the top on-course bookmaker at the close of betting prior to the jump.
Other Benefits of Sportsbet
Sportsbet offers a wide range of services, one being multi builder bets. One thing some racing punters will appreciate is the offerings for various races that are conducted on foreign soil. Wagers can be placed on races in Hong Kong, New Zealand, South Africa, and England. australianfreebets.com.au
These bets can be either phone or online wagers. Those who really like to have in-depth information ahead of making their selections will appreciate the free Black Book service. This service can even supply notifications via email or SMS in advance when a favourite horse is scheduled to run.
Sportsbet also provides an extensive offering of historical information, the type of thing that might come in handy when trying to decide if a certain horse will do well, maybe better than its price would suggest, under certain track conditions or with a certain jockey steering.
Another benefit of a Sportsbet account is the frequent promotions that essentially provide an opportunity to increase winnings from doing what was already intended, that is, wagering on a race.
These are both of an ongoing and a one-off nature, so it is advisable to check the website regularly in order to take best advantage. One that seems very popular with Sportsbet clients is the Spring Tipping Competition. Another is the Lucky Loser, which pays punters for picking a horse that does not place, and not to mention their bookmaker free money back specials.
Most of us, if being honest, would admit a rather high level of proficiency at that endeavour. These promotions are free to Sportsbet members and there are far too many others to examine here at a level of detail that would do them justice.
Of course, Sportsbet does permit in-play betting. There are times when this is limited to telephone betting and there are other regulations that must be accounted for, but there is little to compare with the ability to adjust a wager once a picture of the outcome begins to emerge. Sportsbet Million Dollar Tipping Competition.
Sportsbet Special Features
- Matching first bet for new members: Sportsbet will match new members’ first bets up to a total of $600.00.
- No transaction fees: For domestic transactions, Sportsbet waives transaction fees. For international electronic transfers, the company charges $15.00.
- No dormant account fees: Sportsbet doesn’t charge punters who bet sporadically, making it possible for occasional bettors to participate in the action.
- Currencies accepted: AUD, EUR, GBP, HKD, NZD, SGD, and USD. Note, however, that punters located in the EU, Hong Kong, and the US cannot utilise the service within their borders, though their currencies are accepted for transactions.
- Interface language: English
- Odds format: Decimal
- Minimum bets: Online punters can place bets as small as $0.01. By phone, the minimum bet is $50.00 (the total amount during one phone call).
- Maximum payout: $500,000.00 daily
- Requirements for deposit turnovers: 1x
- Requirements for bonus credit turnovers: For Australian residents, the requirement is 1x at 1.50 or greater odds. For non-Australian residents, the requirement is 5x at 1.50 or greater odds.
- Bookmaker’s margin: Sportsbet’s bookmaker margin, 5.6%, is a bit higher than the national median of 5.2%. For futures markets, however, it well outperforms the national median at 14.7%, compared to 16.2% nationally.
- Verifying identity: Punters can verify their identity online quickly if they use eDentiti or Veda Advantage. Those using credit cards can only make three deposits of up to $2,000.00 before they need to send Sportsbet a copy of their card’s front and back sides to activate the card fully.
- Sportsbet Cash Card: This handy debit card allows cardholders to access their winnings instantly through an EFTPOS card. You can even access these funds from ATMs. You can also use your Cash Card for purchases in any establishment that accepts debit cards. You must be a resident of Australia, and the address in your account must be up to date. Activate it online before you use it. Just click on your account tab, choose ‘Sportsbet Cash’, and then enter your activation code. After you do, then you’re free to use your card. There are some limits, though. The maximum amount you can load per transaction is $1,000.00. The daily limit is $3,000.00. You may not have any more than $5,000.00 on your card at a time. You can also use the ‘Sportsbet Cash’ option to withdraw your winnings. All registered Australian members can apply for this user-friendly card.
- Sportsbet Cash Out: With this feature, punters can take their profit or loss from their bets even before the end of the event. After you place your bet, Sportsbet will offer you the option to cash out. They calculate your Cash Out amount based on your original stake, the odds when you placed your bet, and the odds when you cash out. This way, if you sense an impending loss, you have a chance to recoup some of your money. Similarly, in case of a comeback by the opposing team, you can hedge your bet with a reduced profit. You can access which of your bets are eligible for Cash Out, go to your account tab and click on the Bet History tab. Cash Out is available for multiple as well as single bets. You cannot cash out phone bets on the Internet—only on the phone. If you plan to take advantage of the Cash Out feature, make sure that your initial bet has the Cash Out icon on it before you bet.
- Free bets and promotions: Some of the biggest perks of Sportsbet membership are their frequent promotions, bonus offers, and price boosts—all in addition to their Bonus Bet offer for first-time Sportsbet punters.
Sportsbet’s Website and Mobile Presence
Like other bookmakers, Sportsbet has adopted the mobile revolution that sees many punters relying on their mobile devices for wagering purposes. In fact, its user-friendly mobile interface is one of the factors that make this bookmaker so popular among the betting community.
Punters can deposit their funds, place bets, and view their recent betting history, all while they’re mobile.
Mobile applications for the iPhone, iPad, Android devices and others are available free of charge. BlackBerry and other mobile phone users can use the mobile version of the Sportsbet website to access it with their mobile phones.
Information such as special offers, next to jump and results are readily available in an eye-pleasing and easy-to-use format.
The main Sportsbet website and mobile applications are constantly being improved based on feedback from members. They are quite simple and intuitive. Even someone completely new to punting will find it as simple as checking or sending an email or browsing a website.
The betting slip is clear and convenient and helps prevent attempting wagers that might run afoul of rules and regulations. Join Sportsbet Today And Claim Your Bonus $600 Bet
- Interface overall design: With its user-friendly three-column design, Sportsbet attracts new punters to choose them over its competitors. It lists sports in the left-hand column, odds and markets in the centre column, and the betting slip in the right-hand column.
- Shortcuts: Sportsbet provides shortcuts to punters’ most popular races and other sports with its ‘My Links’ box, located at the top of the left-hand column. On the right-hand column, the website displays trending multi-bet selections.
- Markets navigation: When users click on the name of their chosen sport, the page refreshes to display the sport’s submarkets, which you’ll see in the centre column and the navigation menu at the top of the page. When you click on a team sport, you’ll see a drop-down menu in the centre column from which you can choose the league you want. Selecting the league will take you to a list of futures markets, with upcoming events listed below.
- Odds displays: For each event, you’ll see markets for winning margins, line score, total score, and head-to-head matchups. These, of course, depend on the sport. If an event will be shown on Australian TV, Sportsbet will display the channel’s icon. It will also highlight the number of other markets on the right-hand side of the event. If you click that link, the site will display the entire range of markets for the event.
- Betting slip navigation: Reviewers praise Sportsbet for its easy-to-use betting slip. As you add bets, the slip will display on the top of the other content in the right-hand column. You can, however, hide it from view when you don’t want to see it. When you move the cursor over the icon for each selection, it will display the bet details, including the maximum stake amount it will accept. When you input your wager amount, the feature will display the total stake and your estimated returns. Although this feature doesn’t support flexi-betting, it does support both multi-betting options, as well as exotic multi options.
- Integration of racing and other sports sections: Sportsbet has integrated the racing section with the sports section so you can easily combine bets in exotic multis and regular multis.
Sportsbet accepts deposits from credit or debit cards, PayPal, Skrill (Moneybookers), POLi, bank transfers, BPay, and cheque.
The minimum deposit allowed is $5.00.
Availability of deposits varies according to the method selected, but one thing that most people agree on is that Sportsbet has an excellent support team that is available online and by telephone.
Sportsbet gives punters several options to withdraw their winnings. They include PayPal, bank transfers, and Skrill (Moneybookers).
Australia-based members who have a verified account can apply for credit with Sportsbet. Depending on your qualifications, Sportsbet will issue a credit limit, ranging from $200.00 to $5,000.00. This allows you to bet even if you have a negative account balance.
At the end of the week, you will have seven days to settle your account. If you don’t settle it within 14 days, Sportsbet has the right to suspend your account. If your account isn’t settled within 21 days, the company may start the debt recovery process.
Make sure that you read the legal terms and conditions before you apply for credit. Only apply for a credit limit that reflects your ability to repay should you lose.
Since the passage of the Interactive Gambling Act 3, Australians cannot participate in online live sports betting. They must place a phone call to bet on live events.
Customers who have funds in their account can access live sports broadcasts online. A wide range of sports is available: basketball, cricket, football, horse racing, tennis, and much more.
To see the live streaming events that will be available, go to the live betting section. There you’ll see a list of the upcoming events that Sportsbet will stream. The live streaming service is free.
One of the most exciting features that make Sportsbet Australia’s current favourite is their frequent use of free competitions. Never one to scrimp on prizes, punters love to take their chances on these fun events. Their most popular competition is the Million Dollar Tipping competition.
There is one of these events for the AFL and another one for the NRL. Sportsbet gives away more than $1 million in cash during the season. Top tipsters in each round can win up to $10,000.00. The season’s finest tipsters can win a huge sum, $100,000.00. Tipsters who finish in the top 500 have a chance to win $100.00.
To sign up for this popular event, just visit the ‘Specials and Comps’ page. Click on the ‘Free Competitions’ tab and test your luck.
Sportsbet’s Amazing Customer Support Team
One of the factors that keep Sportsbet at the top of Australia’s bookmaking industry is its terrific customer support. They offer outstanding service through a variety of communication channels.
- Free phone support: This service is available Monday through Saturday from 8:00 in the morning until 11:00 in the evening. Call 1800 990 907 for service.
- Live chat: You can access instant help from Sportsbet’s customer support team through the live chat feature on their website.
- Email: Send an email to email@example.com if you need to send a screenshot or need other help that you can’t access through phone support or live chat.
- Twitter: Sportsbet is responsive to tweets as well as emails. Tweet at them at @sportsbetcomau.
- Snail-mail: Contact Sportsbet’s support team at their postal address: GPO Box 4755, Melbourne, Victoria 3001.
- Self-help guides: On its website, Sportsbet provides customer guides and FAQs that can help their customers solve most common problems.
Sportsbet’s Commitment to Responsible Gambling
Sportsbet offers its customers a written guide that details strategies to help them ensure they stay in control. Customers can limit their deposit to a certain amount. If they need to take even more stringent control over their gambling, customers can opt for self-exclusion, an option that blocks their access to their account. Additionally, the company offers its customers budgeting tips and tips on choosing gambling alternatives.
How to Get in on the Sportsbet Action
Visit the Sportsbet website to open an account, receive a bonus bet, receive prompt answers to any inquiries and learn why this online bookmaker has earned the position it enjoys in the crowded field of online bookmakers.
Here are the details: To place a bet with Sportsbet, you have to create your account. Sportsbet’s membership process is easy to use, fast, and will have you ready to place your bet in a short amount of time.
- First, go to https://Sportsbet.com.au. You’ll see several links saying ‘join now’. Click on one of them and you’ll see the registration page.
- Fill out the form with your personal information, which includes the usual name, birthdate, physical address, email address, and phone number. Prompts will ask you to select a username, your password, and security question. If you have a ‘Refer a Friend’ code, a prompt will ask you to enter it. During the process, there is a ‘Help’ tab near the bottom. This will connect you with the live support team via chat.
- After you’ve finished filling out the form, click the ‘Register’ button. You can then deposit funds into your account. You can also set deposit limits at this time. After you deposit your funds, you can start betting. If you live outside Australia, though, you’ll have to turn over your winnings five times before you can withdraw funds.
Sportsbet’s First-Time Punters’ Bonus: The Details
One of the biggest Sportsbet perks for first-time users is its 100 percent bonus bet. The bookmaker will match first-timers' first bets with an amount up to $600.00.
After you register, simply place your first bet. Just fill out the bet slip for your chosen bet. Sportsbet will match the amount you bet up to $600.00. You’ll see the bonus bet in your account. It will be listed under the category ‘Bonus Bets’. Select the bonus bet from the drop-down menu that appears, and then confirm your bet. If you have difficulty with the process, contact the customer support team through the Help Chat feature.
Certain rules apply for your bonus bet.
- Only one bet: You must use it in one bet. You can’t divide it into smaller bets.
- Increase your stake with your own funds: You can also combine more funds from the money available in your account to up the stake.
- Offer expires in 30 days: You must also use your Bonus Bet offer within 30 days after Sportsbet credits it to your account.
- Some events restricted: Make sure that the Bonus Bet drop-down menu appears on the slip for your chosen bet. If it does, your Bonus Bet offer is available. If not, you’ll have to choose another event. Some events prohibit you from placing two different bets, which include your Bonus Bet, on the same market.
Sportsbet Wrap-up: Key Takeaways
- Dependable, established bookmaking firm
- Free-to-enter competitions
- Frequent, high-value promotions
- Super-low turnover requirements
- Incredible help platform on the website
- Website has easy-to-navigate search feature
- Great customer support
- Multi-betting support
- Low online and phone bets
- A wide range of popular withdrawal and deposit options
- Members can apply for a debit card that allows them to access their winnings through an EFTPOS card
- Website easy to use for even beginning punters
- Huge range of betting selections